Gaming laptop for 700 or less

alblue

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010
Im looking to get a laptop for gaming elsewhere then my house. But since I already have a decent computer at home, I dont want to spend much on the laptop. SO im looking at $700 or less.

Mainly play starcraft 2 and wow
It doesnt need to run GREAT graphics but it needs to run smoothly.

Taking any suggestions.

Solution
Theres an i5 version of it for like $50.00 more but for $100 more there is a toshiba 15.6" i5 and from a reliability factor I think a few extra bucks for the Toshiba is the way to go however I have almost clicked buy on that acer a couple of times.

Especially since that 17" has a second hard drive bay that just needs a connector and the reviews have been decent.

Stryyder

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
Theres an i5 version of it for like $50.00 more but for $100 more there is a toshiba 15.6" i5 and from a reliability factor I think a few extra bucks for the Toshiba is the way to go however I have almost clicked buy on that acer a couple of times.

Especially since that 17" has a second hard drive bay that just needs a connector and the reviews have been decent.

Solution

Stryyder

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010

Thats an older Class I video card. It is going to do pretty well against anything the processor at 2 Gigahertz is an issue. It was one of the best cards you could get at one time.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-260M.14559.0.html

Beats a current 5650

I looked at that box a few weeks ago it was $749 at that new price its hard to pass up...

The downside is its only a 90 day warranty (although you can buy the squaretrade for another 89.99 for two year warranty thats $684.00 all in....

Stryyder

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
I am probably buying one myself today. There are some other ASUS Core Duo's with faster processors on newegg but they get up around the price of a new Toshiba so I think I am just going to myself buy the new Toshiba and then at the end of the year extend the warranty