Windows detected hard disk problem/AHCI DRIVER failed to install

harusame

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
Hi.. Im from philippines... i just want to ask a question... I own a acer aspire 4745g i5-450m, 4gb ram, ati 5650 1gbvram, 500gb hdd..
Heres the situation..
I got this laptop august in hongkong. The performance is great, but suddenly this 1st week of oct., after playing nba2k11, i'd got a warning showing "windows detected hard disk problem" and its say need to back up file... After the warning pop up, my laptop run slowly, several hang up and back to normal again.. So i decided to restart my system to refresh before to begin backup.., but the system not boot after the bios logo... i'd tried many option, repair my os using cd repair etc... But nothings happen... So i look my bios setup, my HDD not detected... i searched for solution and notice that when the system is in AHCI mode the HDD not detected even the cd drive failed to booth... Thats why i switch the mode to IDE, yes its booting.. Try to recover my file using acer erecovery, but failed to install OS, missing file etc..
So i decided to format my HDD and install new OS windows 7 hp.. Yes its working, but suddenly the AHCI driver failed to install "this computer does not meet the minimum requirements to install software".. again i searched for solution nothings happen...
Based on my HDD monitor the reallocated sector count failed..
Why the AHCI DRIVER failed to install? because of the failing hdd? And why i cant boot up in AHCI mode?
Sorry for the long story. its my 1st time. Thank you

It could be a bad hard drive or a bad SATA controller. Chances are though that it is a bad hard drive. If you bought the laptop brand new, it should be under warranty yet, so you should be able to have HP fix it for free. Check out HP's support site for contact information.

sujayrane2014

Estimable
Jul 27, 2015