Cannot install any windows on toshiba laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello,
i cannot install any version of windows on my toshiba laptop :( I've tried vista ultimate but it hangs on the completing install page. Windows 7 just says there is a problem starting windows after loading the win files from disk and win xp does brings up a blue screen saying that windows found a problems and halts install completely stuck please help!

G

Either a hard drive or a memory issue.

If there are two memory sticks in the bay (usually under a hatch on the bottom or under the keyboard -- see Tosh manual) try removing one of them and re-install Windows. If no joy, put back the one you removed earlier and remove the other. Try again.

If neither works -- chances are it's a hard drive problem (or at least that the only issue you can tackle without turning to a repair guy).

G

After hours of faffing about I have found the solution! I had to go into the BIOS and under advanced settings, set SATA controller mode to COMPATABILITY as it was set to AHCI. After changing this setting the Windows installation completed successfully! :) Hope this helps other peeps

crackthecode

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
Thanks Anonymous for the tip. When I was exhausted with all the options and not going anywhere, a simple change in the BIOS to compatibility did the trick and finally the Windows 7 installation went through.

You are the saver. Anyone having issues installing Windows 7 on Toshiba laptop should certainly try this trick!

Thanks again.

561DLpete

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013

This solution worked for me also. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.