Trying to re-boot laptop but options screen closes to quickly & goes black

G

I hope someone can help my daughters laptop got slammed shut now it has a black screen tried to hold down keys like f8 f12 & ctrl delete alt i get a quick glance of options screen but then goes black again, i can access bios but dont know what todo on there

G

I hope someone can help my daughters laptop got slammed shut now it has a black screen tried to hold down keys like f8 f12 & ctrl delete alt i get a quick glance of options screen but then goes black again, i can access bios but dont know what todo on there
sorry forgot to say its a Toshiba Satellite laptop with WIndows 7 & Vista hp

G

Not too hard, i have green lights on but hd/udd light blinks green, i can hear it trying to do things, im lost now..

G

I have just started getting the mesage a disc read error press ctrl alt & del to restart but i keep getting same message

nocheese

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
I have just started getting the mesage a disc read error press ctrl alt & del to restart but i keep getting same message

Well that's either the drive is bad or the connection between the drive and system is loose/bad. This can be fixed hopefully by just removing and reseating the drive. If drive is already in solid then either it's the connector is bad or the drive is toast.