Solved! Portable laptop to use for photo editing etc.

ImageWithin

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
Hi -

I would like to purchase a portable laptop to use for regular web surfing, home use and photo editing. In my limited research, I'm leaning towards the Asus U30jc-a2b and customizing it with the I5-540. The factory specs on this model is what I was looking for with the exception of the i5 that I will upgrading to. Since I will be customizing it, are there any stats/components that I need to pay attention to that I may need to upgrade?

Your comments and recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Regards,
Susana

Solution

Hi Susana,

You're right! The Asus will suit your needs and have some extra features just in case you want to eventually use your computer for some additional uses as well. If portability is a huge factor, the smaller screen is a wise choice. The value on the Asus is great. Are there any...

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Hi Susana,

This laptop will serve your purposes well. In fact, it may be more powerful than you need unless you plan on doing some video editing as well. The screen is a bit small for photo editing, but the smaller size makes it much more portable. It looks like it has great battery life as well. Nice pick! What kind of budget are you looking at?

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

ImageWithin

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
Hi Isabella -

Thanks for your reply.

My budget was to have stayed under $1000 but will go over due to the i5 upgrade.

The specs of the Asus u30jc seems to fit what I want (and then some). I have also looked at the macbook pro but the cost with the i5 is considerably more than my budget and the portability is a big consideration since I travel extensively.

I'm still researching and hope to make a decision within the week.

Regards,
Susana

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Hi Susana,

You're right! The Asus will suit your needs and have some extra features just in case you want to eventually use your computer for some additional uses as well. If portability is a huge factor, the smaller screen is a wise choice. The value on the Asus is great. Are there any other laptops you are looking into?

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

Solution

TRENDING THREADS