Possible to access advanced BIOS features?

wrestler10307

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
I have a HP Pavilion 6936us, and I am able to get into the basic BIOS features like most OEM computers, but I was wondering if there was a way to access the more advanced features, or if thats all I am able to access without going to HP. I'm not having any particular issues with the computer, I was just wondering if it was possible to "customize" the laptop further than the OEM-allowed BIOS features.

Solution
Some BIOS version do hide features unless you do some key combination.

Your laptop looks like an overseas model, can't find much details about it's BIOS options, check the manual for it.

I would not try to hack too much in the BIOS, especially laptop BIOS since there are so many different custom features that vendors use. Any settings you try to get to that the vendor chose not to offer has a chance of making your laptop a boat anchor.
Some BIOS version do hide features unless you do some key combination.

Your laptop looks like an overseas model, can't find much details about it's BIOS options, check the manual for it.

I would not try to hack too much in the BIOS, especially laptop BIOS since there are so many different custom features that vendors use. Any settings you try to get to that the vendor chose not to offer has a chance of making your laptop a boat anchor.

Solution