Need help with projecting "live demo" from tablet PC

Agent 9

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
I'm writing this because I'm trying to find a solution for some teachers.

So the deal is this... I have a Tablet PC (Windows 7, 1280x800 screen) and a projector (some 4:3 ratio). I need to be able to handwrite on the Tablet's screen, using OneNote 2007/ 2010; and have it appear on the projector in real time.

messing with the projector's settings is a no-go (other teachers have to use it, and they're not supposed to mes with it); using the "duplicate displays" option is also a no-go (it either screws up how the pen digitizer writes on the screen, or it makes everything squished on the projector)

If I set the mode to "extend these displays" and then, I think if there was a program that could take a portion (static selected area) of the main desktop and display it "live" in a window that can then be moved to the projector, which is set to the second screen. Is there a program that can display a "live" portion of the primary desktop?

I've tried a few things and the closest I got was using "extended desktop", and the "Magnifier" tool in Windows 7 with the "Docked" option. But it tends to move around the focus (I have it set to focus on keyboard input, so it follows stuff like right click menus and the like) If there is a program like Magnifier, but with a fixed focus (and maybe selectable area of focus, so I can select a approximate 4:3 part of OneNote, and so the students don't see menus, taskbars, ect...), or a way to fix the focus of the Magnifier tool. so close, but so far... :cry:

I realize this is not a common problem, Thanks for your time/ help in advance. :)

-E

xf1ber

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010

If at all possible you could have a Laptop / desktop hooked up to the projector and Share the screen over the network to the projector. Via a program like TightProjector
or Netop School

Agent 9

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
hmmm.... thats an idea, but I don't think most rooms have a computer (not hooked up to the projector anyways), they only [usually] have the tablet, and the projector in the room.

I am curious as to how "laggy" it looks, because on the tablet it would be handwritting, and that might look bad.

-thanks for the reply