Budget laptop with gaming capabilities

tequilajusthitme

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
1_What is your budget?
900 USD after tax
2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
16" or below, preferably 15.6"
3_What screen resolution do you want?
something higher than 1280x900-
4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Weight isn't an issue- volume is. That said, i want some portability, especially with regards to its size and battery life, but i can live with an 9 lb PC.
5_How much battery life do you need?
at least 3 hours. If a battery upgrade fits into the budget, please list it as well.
6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Far Cry 2- High
Fallout 3- High
Crysis- Medium/High
STALKER: SoC and CoP- high
Borderlands- high
Sins of a Solar Empire- high
Mass Effect 2- high
and others...
7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
-Word processing, Music
8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
in excess of 200 GB- i don't need much
9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
none
10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3 years
11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD burner is fine.
12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
none
13_What country do you live in?
USA
14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.
i don't mind refurbished laptops or recertified laptops so long as the warranty is acceptable.
i have looked at the following laptops, though i am not sure about their battery lives. I am not familiar with battery upgrades, so if any of these can have easy battery upgrades, please let me know.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220715

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np5125-built-clevo-b5100m-p-2840.html?wconfigure=yes
-stock configuration

Thanks