Review Laptop Spec's & Feedback Before Buying

dallasjoh

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
Review laptop spec's below and reply with any suggested changes you may have or would make to the setup.

HP Pavilion dv7t Select Edition PC
• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-840QM processor (1.86GHz, 8MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz
• 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 5650 [HDMI, VGA] - For Quad Core Processors
• 8GB DDR3 1333 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 500GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
• 9 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (over-sized)
• 17.3" diagonal HD+ High-Definition HP LED BrightView Widescreen Display (1600 x 900)
• SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
• HP TrueVision Webcam and Fingerprint Reader
• Intel Wireless-N Card with Bluetooth
• Standard Keyboard
HDMI x 1
VGA x 1
USB x 3 + 1 USB/eSATA
5 n 1 Digital Media Card reader

Solution
Its a great setup,however unless you have lots of Image/video rendering projects going on,i suggest sticking with 4GB RAM and save some cash.
Other specs look fine and if you are considering gaming,it can handle games fine on medium settings.
Its a great setup,however unless you have lots of Image/video rendering projects going on,i suggest sticking with 4GB RAM and save some cash.
Other specs look fine and if you are considering gaming,it can handle games fine on medium settings.

Solution

xBiocide

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
Before you buy, look up reviews on the keyboard and touchpad. I was thinking about purchasing the HP Pavilion dv6tse, the slightly smaller edition of yours, and I read reviews on how the keyboard and touchpad were the worst they've ever had to deal with. It's a great laptop, but see how those things work for you.

jabbathealex

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010

the touchpad can be easily solved with a mouse, but what did people find wrong with the keyboard?