Cannot upgrade to latests nvidia drivers...5745g

techmaniack

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009
i have recently bought a new Acer 5745G core i5, Nvidia GEFORCE 330M CUDA 1GB.
the problem is that i cannot upgrade the drivers to its latest version 285.xxx, the drivers from the Acers website are 188.xxx, these are not even available on the acer website.
When i try too install the latest drivers i just get the option to install the HD audio drivers, it doesn't detect my Graphics card at all.
i have googled about it and found out that it is some OEM issue between Acer and Nvidia ...
is there any way by which i can solve this problem???

here is a link to a simmilar thread at the nvidia forums, with ss...
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=177988

janxta

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
I'm not familiar with this problem but I know some one that can help, go to 3dguru.com, this guy is the Master when it comes to nvidia graphics. Good luck with drivers.

kanwar

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
hloo frnd i also had acer aspire 5745G nvidia GT 330M 1 gb
to update ur grafic card floow steps
Step 1: while starting ur laptop fress F2 to go in bios..
Step 2: change ur graphic mode to- DESCRITE & save settings and restart ur laptop
STEP 3: after restart download latest graphic driver fron nvidia site by typing ur graphic model & type......
install & enjoy i had latest 301.42 driver verson installed....
:bounce: :hello: :hello: :hello: :pt1cable: :non:

kanwar

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
hloo frnd i also had acer aspire 5745G nvidia GT 330M 1 gb
to update ur grafic card floow steps
Step 1: while starting ur laptop fress F2 to go in bios..
Step 2: change ur graphic mode to- DESCRITE & save settings and restart ur laptop
STEP 3: after restart download latest graphic driver fron nvidia site by typing ur graphic model & type......
install & enjoy i had latest 301.42 driver verson installed....

pdxchris

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
I am having the same problem. I updated my driver for my graphics card on my 5745pg with Geforce 330m and it froze within minutes and the driver and hardware could not be detected after that. Now I can't install drivers for it because the computer doesn't see it. I tried booting in discrete mode, but it just comes up black because I dont have the back up "Standard VGA Driver" either. It was showing error and now it is gone from device manager. Any other ideas?

TheDood

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

I'm having the exact same issue...can anyone offer help?

Hi :)

Certain laptops just will NOT take the drivers from Nvidias site....you MUST use the graphics drivers from the Manufacturers site ONLY...

All the best Brett :)