Solved! Battery Drains too Fast?

MutatedGamer

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
Okay, my laptop is at 12 % as I typed that. Let's see if it can last long enough for me to type this. My battery is draining, REALLY fast. Like, I unplugged it from my sister's room at about 25 percent, and it's almost dead. It drained from 15 to 13 percent in a minuet or two, and that power settings is on eco. It's a toshiba sattelite laptop, and I THINK it's still under warrenty.

And yes, we're one of those people who leave their laptop plugged in about 24/7, and leave it ON 24/7. Trust me, if I was able to use it I wouldn't, however I'm letting me sister use it until her laptop is fixed. Oh look, it died. And I typed this in a few minuets.

Solution
Leaving it plugged in all the time and never exercising the battery at all generally isn't good for them either. A rechargeable battery shouldn't be drained dry, but a 50%-60% discharge every month or two can help it.

MutatedGamer

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010

I got it when I was heading into 6th grade, I'm heading into 7th now. It's a year old. HARDLY used, besides my sister. And I don't know how much she uses it.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Leaving it plugged in all the time and never exercising the battery at all generally isn't good for them either. A rechargeable battery shouldn't be drained dry, but a 50%-60% discharge every month or two can help it.

Solution