Windows 7 conflict for touchscreen laptop?

Peskoly

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
Hello, I have an HP TouchSmart notebook( i know big mistake). Anyways, i was wondering if switching over to windows 7 from vista could possibly disable the special touchscreen function that this laptop has. I know an upgrade will wipe the harddrive so i was hoping if anyone knew, are touchscreen drivers specific to the OS they are made for or does an upgrade from vista to 7 come with basically the same set of drivers. I know in most cases with a laptop youll be fine but i just dont want to upgrade and find out that my screen doesnt work because the drivers were made specifically for windows vista

Solution
The best thing to do is to go to the HP website and check out the Drivers section and see if your hardware has Win 7 support and drivers. If there is a driver you can download it and install it after you have installed Win 7. If not then it is possible but only possible Win 7 might support the Hardware natively. Check HP's website. I think it likely the Driver will be there.

Wamphryi

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
The best thing to do is to go to the HP website and check out the Drivers section and see if your hardware has Win 7 support and drivers. If there is a driver you can download it and install it after you have installed Win 7. If not then it is possible but only possible Win 7 might support the Hardware natively. Check HP's website. I think it likely the Driver will be there.

Solution