Solved! High Performance Laptop - (using FAQ)

Brouwer

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010
Sorry, I just saw the FAQ guide

1_What is your budget?
I guess around $1500.
But, this is loose.
I would prefer to pay less, but may be willing to slightly more.

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15" screen

3_What screen resolution do you want?
I will use the laptop all day, so the best screen resolution would be great.

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable, but I need high performance. I also have a desktop.

5_How much battery life do you need?
It would be nice to have more than 2 hours of battery life. I guess I will generally be able to plug it in. But, it would be nice to be able to watch a movie or something.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I don't play any games.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
I use it for photos, videos, watching movies, but most of all, I use it for solving mathematical models in C++ and Fortran, so I need high performance.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
I have a desktop also, so the size is not that important. I guess it would be nice to have a couple hundred GB, but this is not important.

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

http://www.clevo.com.tw/en/products/prodinfo_2.asp?productid=286

http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=category_browse&selected_cat=3

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
It would be nice to have it for a few years.

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I don't know. Definitely DVD, so I can watch movies. Maybe Blue Ray? But this is not important.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I need high perforance. I custom built my desktop, but I don't know much about laptops.

13_What country do you live in?
USA
14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I hope this can help people to better find their ideal notebook.

Brouwer

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010
Hey Maziar,
Thanks a lot for the recommendation. That website has awesome prices. I just have one more question.

The best processor that you can get with the Sager NP5125 is the Core i7 620M. Do you think there is a big loss in performance between that and the Core i7 720 QM. This is the next step up quad core. That is basically the other one that I was looking at. But the price is right on the Sager NP5125. Thanks a lot for your help.