Need A New Laptop...QUICK! *Please Help*

Matt1990

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
My mother's birthday is coming up on Sept. 3rd and I haven't thought of anything good to get her until JUST now! I remembered her other laptop is super old and crappy. I need to order this laptop very quick in order to get it in time, so your help is very much appreciated. Thank you in advance everyone!

1_What is your budget? $400-$700

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15'+

3_What screen resolution do you want? Flexible, The higher the better ;)

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Will most likely never be unplugged or moved.

5_How much battery life do you need? Will always be plugged in so battery life is not an issue.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? No games really, just the occasional video on the internet so the video card is not a deal breaker.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) Mostly just email and web surfing and the occasional video.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? 320G +

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. No particular preference.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3 years +

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I don't have enough experience to prefer one brand over another.

13_What country do you live in? USA

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed. For the most part this laptop will never be unplugged or moved and will mostly be used to browse the web and look at emails and videos on youtube.

(To Maziar) I'm sure you will read this, you probably don't remember me but you helped me choose my gaming laptop i bought a year and a half ago or so *SAGER NP8662* and am very happy with it ;) Thanks in advance.