Free antivirus download for windows server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
CLAMAV may not be your choice, but it works and isn't full of other malware as other so-called "free" AV apps are. I am helping folks all of the time who are infected by free security software that leads to nothing but headaches.

Not saying your link is bad, but I know that CLAMAV is clean, thus the recommendation. BTW, it works great on my system (W2K3). No bells and whistles, just gets the job done.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
CLAMAV may not be your choice, but it works and isn't full of other malware as other so-called "free" AV apps are. I am helping folks all of the time who are infected by free security software that leads to nothing but headaches.

Not saying your link is bad, but I know that CLAMAV is clean, thus the recommendation. BTW, it works great on my system (W2K3). No bells and whistles, just gets the job done.

Solution

EdVim

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
>> lol no offense man but clam av sucks.

Actually, I think ClamAV is quite good. Note it's not a full-blown utility suite like NOD32 or Norton AV in the Windows environment. It's just a very configurable AV scanner. I'm going to guess the summation it 'sucks' is from a user who often uses the wrong tool for a job with the usual disappointing results. I'm also going to assume he/she tried it simply because it's a free product and they're too cheap to pay for something more suitable to their needs. No, it does not have a polished user interface targeted to those who prefer clicking on buttons to install and configure it, but it does have a lot of features (you actually have to take a couple of minutes to READ the documentation), a long history, and strong developer support.
Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.