Solved! HP mini 110-3000 purchased, how can i make it better?

bostonbeerparty

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2010
So I just recently purchased a Hp Mini 110-3000. I have been looking into how I can upgrade certain features with this netbook. I recently upgraded my RAM to a 2gb DDR2 and it works great. I been seeing something alot about a HD decoder card? I have read that it can help watching videos in HD. I do not play any games whatsoever and just want a fast, well operating netbook, with all of the avaliable upgrades. Is there anything else I can do to it besides upgrading the RAM, HD decoder, or maybe even hard drive and if so how do i go about it. Thanks for taking the time guys!

Solution
There isn't much else you can do with a notebook or netbook. Save for RAM and a hard drive, it's nearly impossible to upgrade GPU's or CPU's. If you want something with more power, return it and go with a notebook. If not, I'd look into perhaps a solid state drive.
There isn't much else you can do with a notebook or netbook. Save for RAM and a hard drive, it's nearly impossible to upgrade GPU's or CPU's. If you want something with more power, return it and go with a notebook. If not, I'd look into perhaps a solid state drive.

Solution

ashton4life

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2011
SSD drive is a great option. I just installed a PNY 120gb SSD hard drive in my Mini 110 and it has increased the speed tremendously. The hard drive is not one of the best but does speed up boot times and overall fuction. From the time I hit the power switch to the desktop it takes 18 secs and shut down is 7 secs, big difference. It's a well worth upgrade if you can put out the money. Id say its 35% faster now.

Oh ya battery life went up about 20%.

viaexcellence

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
HP uses proprietary hard drives for Mini 110 series laptops. I tried different hard drives and laptop didn't even see the hard drives. How did you get around that proprietary hard drive issue???
John

benmiller2

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011

Hey, have just upgrade my 110-3017 with an intel 120gb ssd, the way i did it was to clone the existing drive onto the new one using HD CLONE basic edition which cost 20 dollars online, very easy to do