How do you restore a windows 7 acer laptop to factory settings

G

Hi,my acer extensia windows 7 laptop is really messed up... it's going REALLY slow, and won't logon. (it has nothing to do with incorrect passwords). Sometimes it does login but only in networking safe mode. I don't have a recovery disk, and even if i did i wouldn't be able to use it because every time I login it doen't respond. (It has something to do with explorer.exe) How do you restore my laptop back to factory settings without a recovery disk?
Thanks! :-D

JDFan

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
See HERE - just remember it will delete everything you have installed since then and reformat the HDD partition completely so only should be used as a last resort ---- As RandomActs mentioned it sounds like a Virus so you may want to download an anti-virus program (like Spybot search and destroy) -- just download both the free version and the latest definition file to a USB thumbdrive and then boot into safe mode and install and run it and it might correct the issue without the need to restore the system saving you the time and trouble of having to reinstall and setup all of your programs again !!

G

will i have to renistall my windows 7 afteri do a factory restore i dont mind about the programmes will i have to reinstall my os and internet exploreer please reply asap