Solved! Hard drive not showing up

zahramoheb

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
Hello,
Actually I just got my laptop but I have got a problem.Windows is not coming up that is why I wanted to reinstall my windows but when I want to select the driver to install windows on it, I couldn't find any driver. nothing shows on the page. Please help me!

Solution

Sounds like that hard drive is dead. If you can see that hatch underneath (most models have one) and take out the screws and remove the cover only - not the druive itself, touch the drive lightly while turning on the laptop - there's no power danger there. If you feel it running there's hope for it but somehow, I have my doubts.

Can you hear the whirring of a hard drive spinning in there? Can you feel it gently vibrating when you lightly touch the area underneath where two screws hold a hatch in place - about 3 inches by two? You don't need a driver to install Windows - just tap the key to go into BIOS at startup and set the Boot Sequence to CD first, pop in eth disk and it should show a brief "Hit any key to boot from CD" message.

Sounds like that hard drive is dead. If you can see that hatch underneath (most models have one) and take out the screws and remove the cover only - not the druive itself, touch the drive lightly while turning on the laptop - there's no power danger there. If you feel it running there's hope for it but somehow, I have my doubts.

Solution