Solved! Need Laptop $700 - What's best for the price?

adbromeo

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Hey everyone,

I'm a student and I am looking to buying a new laptop. My maximum budget price is $700 and I don't know much about laptops but what I am looking for is a laptop that works well for school and that I can watch movies on.

If anyone knows any good laptops for a good price right now on newegg or any other trustworthy website let me know.

All the help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in Advance!!!

Alex

Solution

inkjet

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010

There is a link for you, from where you can buy your required laptop machine.
http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx//inspiron-14r?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~oid=us~en~29~inspiron-14r-anav3~~&redirect=1

jesman1985

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
just check out some of the laptops on newegg.. read the reviews.. or sort it by best rating.. price.. ect.. and newegg.com is gonna have the best prices.. so dont worry about that.. and honestly if that all your trying to do.. no worries.. i think pretty much any laptop you get is going to be able to watch movies and help you out with your school work.. but ya.. www.newegg.com

sidewinderx2

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010

If all you want to do is to watch movies, just buy the cheapest laptop (not netbook... so look for laptops that's 13" or above) that you can find, and they'll all do fine.

adbromeo

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Sorry about that guys, new to the forums and I made a noob mistake.

1_What is your budget? - 700$

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? - 15" and up

3_What screen resolution do you want? - N/A

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? - laptop

5_How much battery life do you need? - 2.5 hours +

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? - NO

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) - Watching movies and School

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? - 500 gigs +

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. - www.newegg.com

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? - For at least 2 years while I'm taking classes

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? - DVD ROM

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. - No specific preference

13_What country do you live in? - United States

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Hi there,

You should check out the Dell Studio 15. It has a 15.6" screen, 4 GB of RAM, and 500 GB of hard drive space. It is also a great value at $649. The Dell Studio 15 is perfect for productivity and entertainment, which means you can use it for doing schoolwork and watching movies.

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

Solution