Solved! IBM thinkpad 380z onboard hard drive problem

davidwaynenoll

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
i have a IBM thinkpad that has a onborad hard drive it a p2 processor and i put in my in my windows 98 cd and it says your computer does not have a hard disk, your hard disk is not functioning correctly, or your hard disk requires a special device driver. contact your computer vendor for assistance.
please help me also the bios dose not have any but what drive come first and a spot to set the time and the passwords.

i think it might be a mess up Partition because the ram drive is drive C: that would not be the hard drive would it please help me badly

Thanks in advanced
David Noll

Solution
My guess is that the hard drive is shot. With a laptop that old (unless you have replaced it at some point), the chances of an HDD failure are pretty high at this point. You can try a new hard drive if you want to spend the money, but otherwise than that, I don't know what else can be done.
My guess is that the hard drive is shot. With a laptop that old (unless you have replaced it at some point), the chances of an HDD failure are pretty high at this point. You can try a new hard drive if you want to spend the money, but otherwise than that, I don't know what else can be done.

Solution