Sony laptop screen goes Dark

ataylor20

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2005
I have a Sony laptop VGNFZ160E. The monitor/lcd screen does not turn on when booting up. I can reboot this laptop a few times and it will finally work. The laptop is in other wise great shape. **Im curious if anyone can recommend something to try to fix this issue. And if parts are needed where to order.** I would hope to avoid a costly repair but it seems with laptops its hard to avoid this. I have taken apart Dell laptops so I have some knowledge of how things work in regards to the laptops, I just want to make sure if I buy something (lcd screen) to fix this that it is indeed the problem. I typically dont trust the on the side of the road PC repair shops and dont want to get taken advantage of.

Any advice would be very helpful!

Thanks,

A

vipers992

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
May be the Laptops power supply dying by the sound of it. If you bought it under a year ago you're laptop may still be under warranty where the manufacturer can repair your system for free.

ataylor20

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2005
No, this was a referb to being with and its been over a year.

So Power supply huh? Wouldnt have thought of that. I was thinking more LCD screen itself like the connections maybe.

Thanks for the reply. I will take that in to consideration.

If anyone else has any suggestions id appreciate it.

Thanks,

TRENDING THREADS