Best gaming headset for pc

pete123edgar

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
Hi guys, I am looking for the best gaming headset. I prefer 7.1 surround and my budget is around $150 though if required for better I can make do with $200 budget. I am looking at the corsair vengeance 2000, a guy on craiglist is selling me at $120 is that a good headset in terms of comfortable, sound quality and durability? I am also looking at the astro 50, logitech 930 and more options would be highly appreciated.

Solution
hey pete - if you're between those 3 models I'd say go with the corsair vengeance 2000

you'd be surprised corsair makes a pretty decent pair of headphones. soundstage is surprisingly good. memory foam on the headband is thick enough, build quality is good - they're not metal like they look, but do feel much stronger than the g930.

also that guy on craigslist is bogus - they can be purchased new on amazon for $99. no need to pay $120.

the a50s are a beast btw, but if you're gonna spend $300 you may be better off spending 100 on good headphones and 200 on other needed accessories. good luck with your decision man!

audioranger

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
hey pete - if you're between those 3 models I'd say go with the corsair vengeance 2000

you'd be surprised corsair makes a pretty decent pair of headphones. soundstage is surprisingly good. memory foam on the headband is thick enough, build quality is good - they're not metal like they look, but do feel much stronger than the g930.

also that guy on craigslist is bogus - they can be purchased new on amazon for $99. no need to pay $120.

the a50s are a beast btw, but if you're gonna spend $300 you may be better off spending 100 on good headphones and 200 on other needed accessories. good luck with your decision man!

Solution

Jason Benedict

Honorable
Jun 17, 2013
Definitely go for a Sennheiser product. I'm an audiophile/music producer/gamer and I can't stand poor quality of sound from sub$100 headphones. Do yourself a favor and grab the Sennheiser PC 360 headset for Pro Gaming. Best brand of headphones with a built in mic, super comfortable, incredible sound ranges, volume wheel built into earcup.