Behringer MX8000 signal leds

Rboudreau

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
Hello, I have a Behringer 8000mx that all of the incoming green signal lamps will just randomly flash. The original power supply died and I am using a 9000mx one. The power supply seems to be identical and the board is working fine except for this problem. I also have 1 solo lamp on one of the aux sends that wont go off. I am using the board for live shows. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Chase McKnight

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
Dear Rboudreau,

I'm sorry to hear about your console's solo lamp. Technical support, Parts, and Service by BEHRINGER are available by calling (702) 800-8290 or emailing CARE@music-group.com. We are available from 7am-5pm PST Monday-Friday and can assist any way possible.

Kind regards,

Chase McKnight
Jr. Admin, Tech Support
MUSIC-Group

Chase McKnight

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
Dear soundguruman,

Behringer only releases schematic diagrams to our Authorized Service Centers.

This is partially due to the need to keep proprietary intellectual property protected, but also because giving a schematic to a customer implies that we are recommending the customer perform their own repair. This is contradictory to company policy, as we only recommend our Authorized Service Centers to perform repairs on Behringer products.

Adhering to this policy guarantees that all repair work is carried out to factory specifications, and that all warranties are maintained. It also ensures quality work by factory-authorized technicians - and it simply keeps us out of liability issues. We apologize for any inconvenience.

We do sell parts! Parts can be ordered by contacting our Parts Department at (702) 800-8290 or emailing care@music-group.com

Kind regards,

Chase McKnight
Jr. Admin, Tech Support
MUSIC Group

BUT it has mostly to do with the fact that you don't want the units repaired...at all.
You want people to throw them out and buy new ones.
Proprietary? that's funny. Considering most of these units are just (Chinese) copies of other manufacturer's products...like Peavey.

Parts? That's a good one too...

The schematic is posted here
http://music-electronics-forum.com/t28681/
The general consensus is that you have a power supply failure.
It's happened on other 8000mx units...

I am really tired of manufactures who won't give us schematics, or support their products in the field.
Don't buy Chinese products, and you won't be stuck with the service problems associated with these products.
BUY USA and receive the support you deserve!!!