Solved! Best gaming laptop for around 1k?

Hahnzo

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
Yep, title says it all. I know its not gonna be the best gaming laptop, but I'm about to buy a fat desktop and need to keep this for around 1k. I've been looking at the ibuypower battalion 101 CZ-11 but if you guys could weigh in that would be great! =D Thanks for the help
-Hahnzo

Solution
I'm about to list my Asus g72-gx on ebay/Craigslist for sale if you're possibly interested. 6gb RAM and GTX260 videocard. $720

Regardless, I'd highly reccomend Asus! build quality, cooling, and the keyboaard/touchpad at top notch

lowriderflow

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
I'm about to list my Asus g72-gx on ebay/Craigslist for sale if you're possibly interested. 6gb RAM and GTX260 videocard. $720

Regardless, I'd highly reccomend Asus! build quality, cooling, and the keyboaard/touchpad at top notch

Solution

sidewinderx2

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152196
how about this? comparable CPU but much much better graphics card

sidewinderx2

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
My girl friend's current laptop is from ibuypower. she's had it for 2+ years, and we've had no problem with it... i think it's like any manufacturer, whether it's Dell or Acer or HP: your mileage may vary.

Hahnzo

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
Hey guys thnx for the feedback sry I haven't responded bck earlier but in true fashion my old laptop's Internet died a fe hrs after posting (it knows it's on it is getting replaced I think) when I get back to a computer (on phone ATM in airport) I'll look at what u guys linked for me!

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
Hi there,

The Batallion looks like a great choice and it is a very light-weight for a gaming laptop, which I think will be a great convenience for you. Another ultra-portable gaming laptop is the Alienware M11x. It is perfect for gaming but it does lack an optical drive.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

TRENDING THREADS