Professor Uses RPG-like Exp Rather Than Grades

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This is actually a very good idea, until of course, they enter college and start gaining experience while simultaneously missing their achievements.

nevertell

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
He's even revised elements of the class so that they're understandable and associated with fun.
Education isn't meant to be fun. Because you're brain isn't actually "recording" anything when you're having fun. It's when you're stressed, when you're brain is 50 % working and memorizing everything.

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
[citation][nom]hotsacoman[/nom]This is actually a very good idea, until of course, they enter college and start gaining experience while simultaneously missing their achievements.[/citation]

They are already in college :p

MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
[citation][nom]nevertell[/nom]Education isn't meant to be fun. Because you're brain isn't actually "recording" anything when you're having fun. It's when you're stressed, when you're brain is 50 % working and memorizing everything.[/citation]
Did you ever wondered why children and even kitties are playful? Or you did not learn about this because you were stressed at the time? ;)

G

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Kev. I remember when I read about this several hours ago on slashdot.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]nevertell[/nom]Education isn't meant to be fun. Because you're brain isn't actually "recording" anything when you're having fun. It's when you're stressed, when you're brain is 50 % working and memorizing everything.[/citation]
Yea cause kids are SOOOOO stressed out those first 5-7 years when they are learning a HUGE amount just playing. Don't even need any tests, kids learn by playing not by being stressed and it is the same with adults, you pay more attention and are more likely to remember things when you like what you are doing.

maigo

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
There will always be a portion of the class who will not be motivated to learn no matter what an instructor may try

This is a collage class... in game design... if you don't want to design games, you're not in that class. It's not math or lit or world history, they're in that class because they want to be

thackstonns

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008

So thats why I couldnt memorize plays for sports. Or remember that an elbow to the groin was a foul. I was having too much fun and not enough stress. You sir are an idiot. And the best part is, you wont be to stressed when reading this, so you wont remember anything I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.