Need a gaming laptop for under 1000$

headbangingmaniac

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010
1_What is your budget?
under 1000$

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
14-15 inches

3_What screen resolution do you want?
wht ever looks good on 15 inch

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
iumm both i guess

5_How much battery life do you need?
dosnt matter anything above 1 hr

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
yes medium to high
starcraft 2
mass effect 1-2
diablo 3 (whn it comes out :p)
assasins creed 2-3(whnever it is available)
dragon origins
world of warcraft

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
will be using cad cam,ansys,auto ccad,catia etc and will be watching videos on youtube and movies

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
350gb and above

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
i will be arriving in usa in a month so i dont know what sites r good thr

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2 yrs min

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
no need for blu ray

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
i dont like hp they heat up a lot

13_What country do you live in?
i will be arriving in usa in a months time will buy from thr

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.
hi i will be coming to usa within a month and i wish to buy a laptop thr i basically want a gaming laptop which will serve my college needs also i cannot spend more than 1000$ i do not want hp as i have had bad experience with hp .
i also do not now what sites r trusted and how people usually buy laptops in usa.

till now only this one seems like a good choice
Lenovo Ideapad Y560 0646-2EU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834146777

wht i could not understand is why is it not available on any site except newegg and i could not understand neweggs warranty system also. Also this one is not listed in lenovo site is it discontinued ?? is it worth the money too buy also i have heard y560 has lot of screen issues is this true

also please let me know of any other laptop under 1000$ tht you might recommend

thank you

Solution
That Lenvo model looks a great choice, the only problem is that having a quad core in a 15" chasis will produce quite much heat,if you are OK with that,then its one of the best options for under $1000 in terms of performance
That Lenvo model looks a great choice, the only problem is that having a quad core in a 15" chasis will produce quite much heat,if you are OK with that,then its one of the best options for under $1000 in terms of performance

Solution