HP Pavilion dv7-3165dx External Graphics Card

G

Hello,

I recently purchased an HP Pavilion dv7-3165dx laptop for my son and I was hoping you guys could help me out. My son wants to play the new Starcraft 2 game, but apparently the graphics card that comes with the laptop (HD 4200) isn't ideal for the game requirements. When I contacted HP to see what my options were, they said that this particular model has the external graphics slot. With that said, they sent a link to this website, but that's it. I used the search field and I wasn't having any luck finding anything that supports that. Can someone please point me in the right direction as to what external graphics card I'm suppose to buy?
Thanks,

bliq

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
Whatever you come up with, I'll bet it'll be either not good enough for SC2 or more expensive than buying a cheap, used desktop that's capable of playing that game. My son has a laptop for most computing activities but a cheap desktop with a great GPU for playing games with me.

G

realy this laptop runs SC2 just fine man you dont need any upgrades this laptop is da shiz i have the same one no probs running SC2 if your realy that obsessive about it get 8 gigs of ram you realy wont have a problem running SC2 however i dont suggest running Crysis as to the fact as that game is still laggy as hell

nCoherent1

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013

I play SC2 and Dragon Age: Origins on this laptop....i just have to use a external cooling fan