Solved! Looking For A Gaming Laptop For Under 1000

karikudark

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
Hello everyone of the Tom's Hardware Community, I am in a search of a gaming laptop (Now looking to play Starcraft 2). I will post the brief faq I have filled out here.

1_What is your budget?

Under 1000 (price without tax). Willing to go abit higher.

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

Nothing too big. Preferably 15"

3_What screen resolution do you want?

1024x768

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

I need a desktop replacement/or a hybrid (both).(Edit) As the computer I'm writing on right now has shut down 3 times while i have typed this.

5_How much battery life do you need?

Actually as long as it can last longer than 30 mins, i'll be good to go! As i always am by a outlet.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

As long as it can play Modern Warefare 2 At High, I would also like to play Starcraft 2

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)

I will be video editing, watching a few movies in parts on youtube.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

At least 320gb, preferably 500gb.

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

I don't consider a specific site, as I would like to buy it at a store. (So I can check it out.)

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

At least 1 year. Preferably 2-3 years.

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

As long as I can install my games on disk, i'll be fine.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I prefer any brand as long as it isn't: Gateway,Lenevo,Acer,HP.
I dislike these brands as many of my family members have had bad expieriences with these brands.

13_What country do you live in?

San Diego,CA

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I would like to buy it at a store, as I like to check them out.

Solution
You can't find any other laptops that came close to it(in terms of gaming) in the same price range.It can easily handle MW2 and WOW.
If you want something cheaper,then the VGA will be something like HD 5730M/HD 5650M which are significantly slower than a 5850M.
You can't find any other laptops that came close to it(in terms of gaming) in the same price range.It can easily handle MW2 and WOW.
If you want something cheaper,then the VGA will be something like HD 5730M/HD 5650M which are significantly slower than a 5850M.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS