Bought a Steelseries Sibera V2 - Problem with mic?

calvinmc123

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
I recently purchased a Steelseries Sibera V2 headset and the audio quality is great. However, i'm looking into getting into the YouTube business and whenever I listen back to the audio from a video I can hear a lot of static coming from what I assume is my microphone.

I've made sure everything is plugged in properly, untangled all my wires and updated my drivers. Still no luck, could anyone here be kind enough to give some advice?

Thanks, Calvin.

samraptor

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
move the mic slightly further away from ur face when talking yet talk louder, also u can download audacity and edity the audio file to delete the static.

Or, change sound/screen recording software to see if it does the trick

download the latest drivers for ur headset on steelseries website

or,,,,,,, buy a new mic :s

s3-mike

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
This could be due to Digital Audio / SPDIF interference. If you have the USB soundcard, steps are below. If not, disable any and all SPDIF/Digital Audio entries in your sound menu (control panel -> sound). Both under the audio and microphone tabs

1. Download the new driver included below to your desktop.

1.a. http://cdn.steelseries.com/audio/SteelSeries_USB_Soundcard_v120.exe

2. Go to your control panel. (Start button --> Control Panel).

3. Open up the Programs menu, it may say Add remove Programs, or just Programs.

4. Find your currently installed sound driver and uninstall it.

5. RESTART YOUR PC

6. It is absolutely critical that you restart your pc after uninstalling the old driver.

7. Upon restarting, launch the installation file for the new sound driver.

8. Please follow this guide to disable your SPDIF/DO
8.a. http://faq.steelseries.com/questions/197/Why+is+there+a+beeping+or+buzzing+sound+when+I+speak+when+using+my+USB+headset%3F

If you have any trouble or have any questions, please feel free to ask!

-Mike @ SteelSeries Support