How do I use external microphone with acer aspire 5732z

purplemum

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2010
I was not aware when my insurance company replaced my previous laptop that the acer aspire 5732z they sent me does not have a microphone. I have now purchased one and would like to know how to use it. :pfff:

G

Look for three walkman-type minijack sockets on the computer body (or read the manual regarding audio input/ouput?) they will be line in, line out, microphone.

purplemum

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2010
Look for three walkman-type minijack sockets on the computer body (or read the manual regarding audio input/ouput?) they will be line in, line out, microphone.

I was only provided with a quick guide booklet - there is no reference to audio input/output in it. I only have 2 jack sockets on my laptop :pfff: :eek: It was a repalcement provided my my insurance company last year due to mishap with my original laptop - I get the impression they've palmed me off with a cheap substitute :ouch:

G

I'd be a little surprised if it has no mic AND no mic input. There may be logos next to the sockets suggesting their functions.

Or see if you can find a fuller manual on the Acer site (perhaps on the CD which came with the laptop). Or contact them by e-mail/ring them.