LCD repair?

nochancemrp

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
The other night I was watching a DVD in my Gateway P-172S FX laptop, when all of a sudden the screen dimmed to black, like it was on a light switch. We could still hear the audio, and figured maybe it was the screen saver... but it wasnt. Turning it on again, we could very faintly see the Gateway logo, and the Windows logo, followed by the login screen (sound was working as well). We hit enter and we can barely see anything. No pointer showed up either. The screeen looked like an oil blotch.

I took out my screen and I plan to get a replacement. What could have caused this? When I had Ubuntu installed, it kept telling me my battery might be broken because of poor charging. Could this have been a factor? Could there be more factors?

Solution

I'd take a flyer on it - th elast one I changed was way off the number but works well - I'm looking at it now. :D[/#000ff]

The other factors are the inverter and the backlight so don't tread on that screen just yet. I assume you've plugged the laptop into a conventional monitor to check it wasn't just a graphics car glitch.

nochancemrp

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
My inverter reads 19.21072.101 0836709 W10-A LF K.

eBay has a ton of 19.21072.101's... I should be fine with one of those right? Unless the 0836709 is still part of the #, because they're all different in that aspect, but still end with W10-A LF K.

I'd take a flyer on it - th elast one I changed was way off the number but works well - I'm looking at it now. :D[/#000ff]

Solution