Best 7.1 speaker setup for around $2500 plus AV receiver question...

lastskysamurai

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010
Hi Everyone. To start, I've gone ahead & already skimmed the search results for 7.1 speaker setup recommendations on the forums, however I feel I haven't found an adequate answer in-reguards to my specific inquiries. So to fill you all in a bit.

I've been living off a 32" NEC 720p NLT 32XT3 LCD Tv & a cheap $150 5.1 Z-640 Logitec Speakers for the last 6 years. So, I've still to experience this 1080p revolution everyone keeps talking about, ; ) It's surprising my 360 hasn't run off to find a better home after all it's been through, ha. - I'm ready to delve into a sweet Sony 46" screen soon but have decided to wait till the 2013 models get released as far as Tv's go. But to get to my question about a 7.1 Speaker setup...

I've done more then a couple of days online research & have locked onto these speakers as my possible Speaker replacements. http://www.jbhifi.com.au/home-theatre/samsung/7-1ch-1330w-3d-smart-blu-ray-home-theatre-system-sku-96750/ But that's about it. Remember I'm willing to shell out up $2500AU on a 7.1 speaker system, give or take $500 regarding US conversion. As i'm not an audiophile the only thing I'm getting off this system is the 1330Watts total output & the potential benefits of a Tube Amp, abet for the price of the setup, I'm guessing the Tube Amp is nothing too special...? The only reason why there's such a price difference between my chosen speakers (atm) & what I'm willing to shell out, is because I can't find a surround setup for the $2500 price anywhere. Everything I can find is plastic thin & coupled with tiny cone speakers, hence the $900 price tag accompanying it.... : (

What I'm after, is the best sound I can get for the price for use on my 360 & future Blu-ray player, I have blu-ray on my PC & have a number of titles encoded with 7.1, plus I'm thinking more future proof with any future console upgrades that might happen (Next Gen specifically) I know little about a AV receivers also, & If it should be considered getting one, will an AV receiver increase the output to the speakers from the blu-ray/Console or what the threshold is Watt wise. Is it suppose to be common practice to pare a Receiver with a 5/7.1 speaker setup? Or is it suppose to be connected to two High-end speakers & a sup to be practical? This also I'm having a hard time understanding... I'd also gladly spend $1000 alone on a Receiver if appropriate to the needs of the setup. Some guidance would be grateful.

Thanks to everyone who can point me in the right direction or lend some advice.

EddieExecutor

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
First off all replace that Sony with Samsung Smart TV ... anyways i've got Bose Acoustimass 6 on Denon AVR 1911.

If u get the components for a decent price like i did buy them, otherwise you can get better stuff for same cash as stock price of those 2 above ...

lastskysamurai

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010

Cheers for the reply, as far at the Bose Acoustimass goes, I'm settled on a 7.1 system for future proofing, as long as I can find the sound to justify it. I checked the Bose website, though couldn't find any 7.1/2 speaker systems unfortunately. The Denon Receiver, current models look good, I probably could do with the 1.4 HDMI 3D connectivity. (Tin-Tin/Tron/Avatar) & built in Wi-fi? Thats cool I guess?