Solved! Dual Booting on MacBook Pro?

alienl

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Hi everyone,

I'm in the market for a new laptop. I've had my eyes on the envy 14 and the macbook pro 13. Im leaning towards the macbook pro 13 due to its portability and battery life. My only doubt is the viability of dual booting windows 7 on a macbook pro 13, as windows is the primary OS that I will be using. I've heard that in the past there were issues with drivers for the backlit keyboard and mousepad under windows. Are those problems fixed? How would I about dualbooting windows? I've heard about bootcamp and parallels. Which is the more viable way of installing windows on it? If anyone has prior experience or knowledge on this matter, I'd like to hear from you. Thanks in advance.

Solution

The MACBook will come with software...

The MACBook will come with software already in it so W7 will have to take second place, like it or not. Most people I know are using VMWare to run a Windows OS - have you looked into that?[/#000ff]

Solution
I have used parallels, works great, but only tried it with XP. I think it's a more stable and faster way to run than a virtual Windows machine within the MAC OS. One of my favorite setups is actually MAC hardware running Windows, as long as I don't have to pay for the hardware :)

TRENDING THREADS