Overclocking aspire 7535

MikeO_19

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Hey guys,

I have an Acer Aspire7535.
It is a decent machine but not as good as i expected in the graphics department.
I game a good bit and it tends to let me down more times than none, graphics lag is a favourite, i sometimes get 10fps or even lower.
Does anyone have any ideas as to how i could improve it's performance, overclocking or any other ideas.

Thanks
M.

MikeO_19

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Hey,

I use at the moment W7.
The processor is the AMD Turion X2 ultra dual core mobile (ZM-82 (2.2GHz)) - RAM is 4GB.

Basically what i have managed to read up on various forums and sites is that the drivers for W7 are causing some major performance issues in the graphics department and although before i did the clean format that i did 2 weeks ago i had exactly the same set up and it worked it now doesn't to the extent that i can play no games or use no computer aided design packages.

The over clocking question is a curiosity and performance boost more than a solution to my immediate problem as i suspect it may come from the drivers and that i do not know what to do as i have the most up to date ones installed.

If anyone can help or has had the same problem and found a remedial solution please let me know, thanks.

M.

MikeO_19

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Sorry, but what do you mean by "chipset drivers"

I have installed and reinstalled the graphics drivers and tried to find alternative ones for my problem but unfortunately i don't seem to find any. A few people have suggested "graphics driver mods" does anyone know if that works and what ones work best for my case.

My graphics card is a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 graphic card and for some reason it seems to be creating a similar problem to a few people as the latest drivers available don't seem to work well for it and previous drivers are difficult to come by.

Do you think i should take W7 off the laptop and revert back to old faithful W XP pro as it may have less actual system demands and therefore allow for better performance!

I was considering over clocking but only when i have this driver issue resolved.
Is it actually possible to over clock this machine in CPU or/and GPU.
(a major concern for most people was overheating, not really my concern as i have laptop constantly on fanned cool mat)

thanks for help so far, please keep it coming

M.

mhelm1

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
Chipsets are the controllers on the computer motherboard. They controll how the motherboard works. And it looks like acer has none on their web site.
Drivers are here:
http://us.acer.com/acer/service.do?LanguageISOCtxParam=en&miu10einu24.current.attN2B2F2EEF=3750&sp=page15e&ctx2.c2att1=25&miu10ekcond13.attN2B2F2EEF=3750&CountryISOCtxParam=US&ctx1g.c2att92=453&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=2054404012

There is also BIOS for windows 7 with a disclaimer above. (scary and Odd)
Sounds like you should talk to someone over at Acer.

MikeO_19

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Hhhhmmmmm,

I see what you mean, no very nice disclaimer.

Trying to talk to someone from Acer is harder than finding a needle in a hay stack, online chat service is constantly down and email, well they must not believe in replying to them.

So i recon it will be a download the BIOS stuff and cross my fingers and then if it work (hopefully it will) start at other drivers and see.

I got the Laptop from Currys and they offer a service but it is hardware repair, they only do the standard drivers install and their checks are not performance related but working relate (turns on, all good, that kinda check)

Wish me luck guys, not sure i will accomplish much from this but here goes nothing.

M.

MikeO_19

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Well so far disaster struck, BIOS update (must be a reoccurring for the disclaimer) blue screen :(

Tried to stick XP on it but laptop was having none of it :( so now in the process of reinstalling W7 and it is going, not sure how well yet.

Anyone who is remotely thinking about buying Acer, DON'T DO IT they are crap.

Tried as advised by mhelm1 to contact Acer tech support.
attempt 1 : "we don't deal with those sort of problems" "that is for you to resolve"
attempt 2 : (diiferent number) "i'm sorry sir, we are a hardware support line we can not help you" "would you like our premium software support number" "they only charge £0.50 per min and they will no dought solve your problem"

silly me i actually phone them

attempt 3 : (different number again) "hello" "no that has nothing to do with us, your fault for installing a different OS than the one it came with" "all our available drivers are on website, doesn't take much o get them"

Some custumer support team :eek:

I truelly hope i never have the urge to let a professional deal with it again :(

Here is hoping i at least get my laptop to the stage of badly performing graphics.

MikeO_19

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Seems like it is impossible at the moment to get this laptop running better graphics.

Does anyone know why i would be constantly getting a blue screen error message if i am trying to install Win XP pro, it says it is compatible with it so i am confused.

Also, when i got the laptop it ran the pre installed Win Vista :( and i was very quick on removing it but now that all else is failing i am considering going back to it. Although i did a recovery disk at the time i think there was a hidden partition that is needed and i deleted it plus the factory install comes with lots of unwanted crap so not too keen or referring back to it.
Does anyone know how i would get a copy of either an OEM installation of it or just a normal copy, need it to be able to do a clean format (think it must have boot sector) so i can try it for hopefully some resolution.

Thanks.
M.

G

drivers http://www.laptop-software.com/acer-software/acer-aspire-7535-laptops-software-and-driver/

and yes u get better performance in xp then in vista or win7 thats a fact ive tried and when whatching bluray with hdmi cable to tv in XP running smooth as silk in vista and win7 u can see and notice some lagging time to time. same if u watch webtv in HD

but 10fps depends on what game ur playing but for that gpu sounds strange with so bad results weird yes its only a class 3 gpu but check these results on fps on diffrent games
http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-ATI-Mobility-Radeon-HD-4570.13885.0.html
must me something wrong with ur gpu if u dont play crysis on ultra settings then its like it should be :p