IIOwNeDII

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
1_What is your budget? $1,500

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.6 at least

3_What screen resolution do you want? 1080p at least

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Replacement Desktop

5_How much battery life do you need? 2 or 4 hours or more

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Yes i would like to play games. Battlefeild bad company 2, call of duty modern warfare 2, left 4 dead 2. Medium or High.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) Watching Movies/Internet Browsing

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? 250gb or more

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Compusa, Bestbuy, The company's website, Newegg, and Amazon.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? 4 or more years

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? At least DVD RW

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I prefer Dell, Alienware, Asus, maybe acer.

13_What country do you live in? USA
e

lowriderflow

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
When I read the post, I was thinkin about the same computer that duk3 listed. Really is the best thing out there in that price range. Top notch video card and cooling design. Plus Asus Keyboards and touchpads are amazing!

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
Hi there,

The Asus looks like a great option. Since you mentioned you were interested in Alienware, you should check out the Alienware M15x. It has a 2.8 GHz Intel® Core™ i7-720QM processor and NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 240M. It also has a 15.6" screen.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

BradyT88

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
I am also looking for a gaming laptop, very similar to his in fact. My question is, when it comes to gaming on a laptop, would it be better to get a 1.6GHz quad core, like the i7 720QM in the ASUS that was recommended, or a 2.66GHz Dual core like the i7 620M. I ask because few games are currently optimized to take advantage of 4 cores, so would it be better to take 2 fast cores over 4 slow cores in this case?

TRENDING THREADS