Dell gx280 audio drivers for windows 7 free download

phil22

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
Sorry, ebrhim, but there are no Windows 7 drivers for the Dell Optiplex GX280.
Wiindows 7 is not supported on that model. Dell doesn't have any, you are very unlikely to find them anywhere else.
There are no Vista drivers either (if there were any, you could have tried using those).

It's always advisable to check the driver situation on the PC manufacturer's website first before upgrading the OS.

conquest

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
I have Dell Optiplex GX 280SMT, running Windows 7 and everything works great! Go to http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/ and try to find drivers for your model but as you see i have no problem with my dell. Can you tell me your full specification.

Verify that your computer has "dell downloads manager" installed, if you do not have that download manager, it may be more difficult to install a driver.
IF you have the dell driver install manager, the install of drivers is faster, and automatic. It reduces confusion.

Find the dell downloads manager, and install it, with the security turned OFF.
Restart the computer after you install it.

IF you do not have the dell install manager, you may think that the driver installation is failing. The driver will not install automatically.

To install anything in a dell, turn off the antivirus and firewall, and turn off all security. If security is running it may prevent your driver from installing. Thus, causing you to pull your hair out.

Go to the Dell Website
Look up the drivers by computer model number
Enter your service tag number, your serial number, or the software tag number.
This pulls up the available drivers for the operating system you select.

If you have turned off the AV and firewall, and installed the dell installation manager, just click your video driver...and presto, it installs!
after downloading a driver it installs itself, and you restart the computer each time you install one.
after you are done downloading and restarting the system, turn the antivirus and firewall back on.

The alternate is without the install manager.
If you went into the dell website with your tag number, as above, you will see a list of make, model , version(s) of the hardware and drivers that can be installed in your computer.
write those down to look up a driver manually and download it.
You need to know the hardware configuration, what type of video hardware chip set is installed on the motherboard.
Maker, model and version designate this.
If you do not know that info, look in the full motherboard manual or computer manual, downloaded from the manufacturer website. The manual has all that info written in the specifications section.

Once you know what video maker, model and version is installed,
those drivers are downloadable one at a time, from the dell website.
OR from the hardware manufacturer website. OR from the motherboard manufacturer website.
And these do not install automatically.
Save the downloaded driver to a location you can locate.
Once again you must turn off the anti virus and firewall before installing the driver manually.
And basically follow the same as above...

Double click the speaker icon in the lower right hand of the desktop, this will bring up the mixer, or single click to bring up the volume control. Laptops: see below, third paragraph.
Check the setting of the mixer or volume control.
But in case the volume is missing, corrupted, or the audio is otherwise non-functional:
you check whichever audio was installed:
click start, click control panel, click add remove programs, look at the list...
which audio software is shown on the list? delete it, restart the computer.

now visit the motherboard manufacturer or computer manufacturer's website
look up your computer drivers by model number
download the latest audio drivers, save on the desktop...
turn the antivirus off,
if you have multiple security programs installed, turn them all off
(your driver may not install if security systems are turned on)
now load your new audio driver, restart, turn the antivirus back on.

Laptops: Your volume controls may be built into the keyboard. (varies according to make and model number)
OR: your volume control may be a knob, located near the headphone jack.
Download the entire manual for your computer model from the manufacturer's website.
The manual will show you where all the keyboard audio or wireless ethernet controls are located.
But besides the manufacturer keyboard controls, you will still have software controls, as above. (first paragraph)
So if "either one of these volume controls is turned to "zero" you will have no sound. If the Mixer is turned to zero, or muted, you will have no sound.
Hmmm, better check that.

Find out which audio hardware version (make and model manufacturer of hardware) is installed in the Dell computer
Go to that manufacturer website and find a driver for win 7

Find out which motherboard is installed, make and model number, manufacturer.
Go to the manufacturer website and find the audio driver for that board.

tommyhd

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013

I know it's too late for this but i just notice it!
The solution for this problem is very simple!
Just use the XP drivers!!! It works smoothly on my dell gx 280 since two years!!!