Laptop For Gaming/College

network24

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
What size screen do you all recommend? I won't be going to college for two more years so i don't know how much i'll be walking yet so i thought a 14 inch or 15 inch would be fine. Also how much battery life do you all recommend? So far I have narrowed my list down to these two laptops:

Aspire 4591
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0337842
Aspire TimelineX
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0339942

The price on the 4591 sounded great but the 2 hour and 40 minute battery life seemed short especially once I need to use it for school but I could be wrong. Which do you all think I should get?

Solution
I'd definitely pick the TimelineX.

It has more power than the 4591 with it's Core i3 350M CPU.
It's smaller 14" size and incredible battery life make it the obviously better option especially if you're going to bring it with you to school or anywhere else for that matter.

I think the higher performance, greater mobility, and way longer battery life easily justify the higher cost.

gerand

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
I'd definitely pick the TimelineX.

It has more power than the 4591 with it's Core i3 350M CPU.
It's smaller 14" size and incredible battery life make it the obviously better option especially if you're going to bring it with you to school or anywhere else for that matter.

I think the higher performance, greater mobility, and way longer battery life easily justify the higher cost.

Solution

network24

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009

Well for these next two years my usage would only be for gaming and internet so it would probably be plugged in most of the time anyway. But when I go to school in two years that'll be the primary usage and 2 hours and 40 minutes doesn't seem to be long enough but I could be wrong.

kier1992

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2007
2 hours 30 minutes is decent timing... if your willing to swap battery life for better spefications, as your also gaming with the laptop. You'll just need to pay money for an extra battery which can be fully charged that way once you run at you just swap over, and find somewhere to charge the other one (lunch break times).