Headphones...Tough decision...

Dave_guitar

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Hi to all and happy holidays to everyone across the globe!
I want to buy a pair of headsets but I am not sure which one is better, so I would realy like to have some opinions from the Pro's.
I must mention that now I'm using a A4tech low end headset and I am not to impressed.
I'm using a onboard audio solution, VIA VT1708S, but I think I'll buy a Asus Xonar DGX or DSX(if you can tell me if I will notice a difference between these and my Onboard in would be gratefull!)
I will use the headphones mostly for music, and I want BASSSS, and occasionally for gaming.
Which do you think is better?
1) Sony Over-Head MDR-XB300
2) Pioneer Over-Head SE-M390
3) Sennheiser Over-Head HD 202 II or 205HD
Thank you!

i agree, for best sound you want over the ear headphones.

in general you want a headphone which is not entirely focused on producing bass. the reason for this is that such headphones muddle everything else making the sound quality dreadfully bad.

honestly my $5 gummy headphones sounded better then the $70-80 extra bass sony headphones i bought once. i returned them the next day.

personally i use a pair of audiotechnica ath-m50's which i think are pretty well balanced. some say they are more focused on highs and lows and leave out the mids and this very well may be true but i havent noticed anything.

they have pretty good bass as well for dubstep, electronica, rap, etcetera while not muddling the other sounds like extra bass headphones often do.

i agree, sennheiser is also a good brand and spending over $100 is worthwhile.

Dave_guitar

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012

Thanks for the reply!
One final question
Due to my budget I can not afford a pair that costs more than 40-50$
So what do you think about Sennheiser HD 202 II?

i dont have any experience with that model. perhaps someone else on here does.

all i can say that in general you get what you pay for. for $50 dont expect too much. while they may be better than lower end headphones they certainly will not be in the same league as more expensive pairs.

i would definitely read some reviews on them as well.

Dave_guitar

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012

What do you think about Sennheiser HD419?