Solved! Acer, Asus, or Gateway

Mz T

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Went to the store to purchase a netbook. Was already torn between a Acer and Gateway. Went to the store to purchase the netbook and the sales person persuaded me now purchase an Asus. Any suggestions? Need for online classes.

Asus: 1GB, 250 Hard Drive, up to 11 hours battery life, bluetooth, webcam $333.53

Acer: 1GB, 250 Hard Drive, up to 10 hours battery life, webcam $298.00

Gateway: 1GB, 250 Hard Drive, up to 8 hours battery life, webcame $269.99

Solution
Hi MzT,

Personally I would recommend you to get a notebook instead of a netbook as well, a netbook is definitely portable, lightweight, small and sleek and offer long battery life. However, it has a slow processor(don't expect to run power demanding software) and you can't do much multi-tasking with a 1Gb RAM, in other word, don't expect much performance from it.

You may also want to consider a laptop for it screen size, the screen size may not bother you much as of now but you may one day get frustrated with the small screen size and the small keyboard. Do have a second thoughts about it and if you really want to go for a netbook, I would recommend a MSI or Asus netbook.

Cheers,
Holl0w :)

holl0w

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
Hi MzT,

Personally I would recommend you to get a notebook instead of a netbook as well, a netbook is definitely portable, lightweight, small and sleek and offer long battery life. However, it has a slow processor(don't expect to run power demanding software) and you can't do much multi-tasking with a 1Gb RAM, in other word, don't expect much performance from it.

You may also want to consider a laptop for it screen size, the screen size may not bother you much as of now but you may one day get frustrated with the small screen size and the small keyboard. Do have a second thoughts about it and if you really want to go for a netbook, I would recommend a MSI or Asus netbook.

Cheers,
Holl0w :)

Solution