Good 2.1 speaker system for pc gaming and music

DAndrew

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
So i bought a logitech z523 from newegg. They were great until about 2 weeks ago when i thought the left speaker was making a low static noise and a constant low pop. I will probably turn them in for warrenty and get a new pair but with the holidays approaching, i'm considering getting myself an upgrade to the Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836852001. Does anybody know, from first hand experience, if these speakers are worth getting? Also if you have any suggestions for a pretty good 2.1 speaker system in the $200 range that would be appreciated. I would like a powerful woofer and some crisp speakers that can handle the lows, mediums, and high as well as not get distorted at high volume. I'm not sure if that's possible at a $2--.00 range.

batuchka

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I would say at the $2xx price point and with so many awesome deals Black Friday no point going with poorly built and muddy sounding PC/Multimedia fare! With some smart spots one could really land a nice 10" active sub some Polk/Pioneer bookies and a T-amp for that sort of money ^^

DAndrew

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
I looked into the polk i think i really like them. However i am not too familiar with how speakers need to be set up. I get the general part of plug the 3.5mm jack into the port on a sound card but how do amps work and do i really need it for pc speakers?