I need assistance, buying a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorge10205

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
hi, i want to buy a laptop, it is not my first time, but the others didnt go well :sarcastic: , the first a compaq, bad idea, the second a hp... worst idea, well here my specs
1_What is your budget? between 700 and 900, maybe a little bot more

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? any... not too small or my eyes will hurt :D

3_What screen resolution do you want? 17, maybe 15 too

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? portable

5_How much battery life do you need? dosnt matter

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? games, medium to high... maybe ultra hig? :whistle: command and conquer 4, hellgate london, transformers war for cybertron, etc.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
video editing, watch movies, photo editing, 3d rendering... maybe not htat much the last one

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? any would be ok

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
i have seen some in bestbuy, in outlet center... but maybe it is better new, i was considering site such as circuitcity, compusa, maybe dell... im not sure, i want to make the right choice... at least better than the last time

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? as long as possible

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? any, dvdram/ writer

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
i dont like any hp and compaq, because their performance is equal to 0, also it is very hard to find the correct driver, they are such a mess, i would prefer driver discs, and the battery usually decrease the time, so you need to be plugged in a lot... and they are ugly... and i cant put the screw back and the pieces too.. :sweat:

13_What country do you live in?
USA
14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.
i heard asus were good to buy, and i wonder if building a inspiron in dell is a good idea, and there are sites that look so similar, circuitcity,compusa and targetdirect... weird, thanx for the help anyway, sorry for my cool-typed english :pt1cable:

jorge10205

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
thank you very much, that really match what i wanted, i hope to buy it soon... hurrraay, just one thing, those ones in outlet center are not like picked up from garbage rand assembled with used components... i guess i'll give it a try, thanks again maziar, c ya.

jorge10205

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
ok, here is my problem again... they dont ship it, and it is not near to may bestbuy stores... any other option that someone could recomend, i would appreciate it, thanx.

Status
Not open for further replies.