Solved! Which laptop is good for high end gaming?

smart2click

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Which is the best high-end gaming laptop I can buy under 55k-60k in india, my priority is a powerful graphics card.
I'll play games like Crysis:Warhead, Assassins Creed, Race Driver:Grid,GTA 4 etc.
plz choose frm ASUS,sony,hp,dell,acer,toshiba,lenovo.
I think sony vaio e series laptop with ATI 5650 is the best i can get. Any other i am missing?
thx....

Solution
Can you find any of the Asus G series? Something like a G51, G60 or G73? Any of those would be very good choices and come with graphics cards that are better than the 5650.

Dell has their Alienware line, but Im not sure if you can get them by you or how the prices would compare. Possibly look at the XPS 16 if it's available.

Lenovo makes the Y560 series laptop which has decent specs, comes with either the 5650 or the 5730.

I find Sony to be overpriced for what you get and I dislike the quality of Acer, they feel very plasticy to me. I have seen too many HP laptops die due to heat related issues to really recommend them.

Also, keep in mind that the HD 5650 won't give you the best gaming experience. It is good for games on probably...
Can you find any of the Asus G series? Something like a G51, G60 or G73? Any of those would be very good choices and come with graphics cards that are better than the 5650.

Dell has their Alienware line, but Im not sure if you can get them by you or how the prices would compare. Possibly look at the XPS 16 if it's available.

Lenovo makes the Y560 series laptop which has decent specs, comes with either the 5650 or the 5730.

I find Sony to be overpriced for what you get and I dislike the quality of Acer, they feel very plasticy to me. I have seen too many HP laptops die due to heat related issues to really recommend them.

Also, keep in mind that the HD 5650 won't give you the best gaming experience. It is good for games on probably medium settings. You'll need a little more horsepower if you want to play on high.

Solution

smart2click

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010

thx 4 the reply. i know abt aus g series which comes with gtx 260,but they r not launched in india n if i buy them online n ship them to india i will have to pay 40% tax which sucks.
Now the only question remains is lenevo laptop or the sony vaio's? both have same gpu 5650. i think sony is good wht u think?

blueflames24

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010

Well for gaming experience i think you should try Sony Vaio Model VPCEB1AGG
Specs:
i5-520
4 GB RAM
320 GB hard drive
15.5cm
2.7 kg
ask for a 1GB graphic card addition for this and the total cost is Rs58000 :pt1cable:

TRENDING THREADS