Solved! Computer Has Become Laggy/Slow/Unresponsive.

DyersEve0666

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Hey for the past month or so my computer has become very laggy, slow, and unresponsive. Running and starting up applications that previously would only take a few seconds now take 30 seconds to a minute. Loading up winamp is a hassle in itself. I thought it might have been a virus that is slowing my computer down. I ended up reformatting the drive and doing a clean install. Lo and behold as soon as I get the comp up and runnin again I am having the same problems.

I really have no clue what to do. Could it be possible that its a hardrive issue? If thats the case I have a portable harddrive I can install windows on to see if that really is the issue. If that doesn't work whats my next move?

Should mention that I have windows 7.

Solution
Did you copy all of your old files over soon as you installed Windows for the second time? You could have a virus in there that just re-infected your syste. Re-install Windows, and before going online or copying any files, try some programs. You may want to get all your drivers for the system together on that external drive first so you can be sure all your hardware is working properly.

You can't install Windows on the portable drive unless you crack it out of the case and intall it in your computer.
Did you copy all of your old files over soon as you installed Windows for the second time? You could have a virus in there that just re-infected your syste. Re-install Windows, and before going online or copying any files, try some programs. You may want to get all your drivers for the system together on that external drive first so you can be sure all your hardware is working properly.

You can't install Windows on the portable drive unless you crack it out of the case and intall it in your computer.

Solution

DyersEve0666

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Hey thanks for the reply, I made sure I disconnected the external when I reformatted and reinstalled windows. I noticed it was slow during the windows instal actually, in the past it did it fairly quickly but this time around it took hours. Then i started to install drivers from the cd and it was excruciating waiting for them to work.