Help with new gaming headset: 60-70$.

NitrogenPapaya

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
Hello, I want to buy a gaming headset for about 60-70$ CA.
Here is what I want:

-I want to have good audio and mic quality if possible, I will be doing some voice-overs for games and I need a good mic.
-Good quality.
-Comfortable, I will be using these alot and for long periods of time (6 hrs plus).

Here are a few I have been looking at:

Gamecom 380: Seems to have everthing I need.
http://www.amazon.ca/GC-380-Over-Ear-Headset/dp/B006ZS5AQA/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_t_3

Logitech G330: Sacrafices some audio quality for the very good mic.
http://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-981-000176-Headset-Gaming-G330/dp/B002I3OZB2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351130041&sr=8-1

Are these any good? I would REALLY appreciate a response, thanks!

Solution
The Plantronics Gamecom 380 is a very good choice.

·Long 6.6ft (2m) cord for a comfortably long ranged mobility and body/head rotation whilst still being plugged in.

·Oversized, cushioned over-ear pads which is a must when buying gaming headsets/phones, providing extra good comfort for those long gaming hours

·4mm. isolation drivers for good sound cancellation, providing a more imersive gaming experience

·Large frequency range and 40mm stereo speakers will provide a nice deep bass and semi-crisp high frequencies.

·On ear volume and microphone control so you can mute yourself and change volume without having to reach anywhere other than your headphones

·Good quality, adjustable microphone will ensure solid communication...

yanxtar

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
The Plantronics Gamecom 380 is a very good choice.

·Long 6.6ft (2m) cord for a comfortably long ranged mobility and body/head rotation whilst still being plugged in.

·Oversized, cushioned over-ear pads which is a must when buying gaming headsets/phones, providing extra good comfort for those long gaming hours

·4mm. isolation drivers for good sound cancellation, providing a more imersive gaming experience

·Large frequency range and 40mm stereo speakers will provide a nice deep bass and semi-crisp high frequencies.

·On ear volume and microphone control so you can mute yourself and change volume without having to reach anywhere other than your headphones

·Good quality, adjustable microphone will ensure solid communication in-game communication, and should satisfy your voice-over needs. Watch that you don't adjust the microphone too much or mistreat that area of your headset, as this tends to be the less durable part of a gaming headset and can easily break over a period of months if mistreated.

·Incredible quality and performance for its price

This is a really good choice of headphones and is definitely worth it's money, I recommend this pair of headphones, they are excellent for casual Gamers and even great for more hardcore Gamers. It has really good sound quality (deep bass etc.), great comfort and sound isolation, as well as a microphone.
·······
Forget about the G330, it has terrible sound quality (it may be okay for the casual PC user who watched videos on youtube and calls on Skype, but it lacks in every way for gamers and music listeners). If you read that it is comfortable, that's only because it's so lightweight, and it's lightweight because it has very few, low quality, cheap speakers, that in turn provide you with poor quality (you can forget bass and crisp sound), and a high amount of noise and distortion. It also has inconveniently short cord I read complaints about. Skip this headset your wallet and ears will thank me.
·······

I had others to recommend for you, but they don't have a microphone or they are more expensive. You made a good find, it's very good bang for buck if I were you I'd go for the GC 380's. For a similar price range, better sound quality and comfort, but not a great microphone I would suggest the Razer Electra, it's the one I bought for my brother, the bass is extremely rich in this, really reels you into an immersive game experience, but it's a no-go for you as it has an iPhone kind of mic. Works perfectly for us, great crisp voice communication in game but it's quite a noisy low quality microphone if you're wanting to do stuff like commentating or voice overs for YouTube or whatever.

If you find another headset post it on here I'll have a look and give you my opinion.

Good luck!

Solution

NitrogenPapaya

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012

Well I found a good deal on the Gamecom 777s and bought them. From what I read they were quite good for the price range and pretty much just an upgrade from the 380s. Thanks for the response though.