Marantz SR 7200 & Bose 901's

paulschenk

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
Hello,
I am a bit confused, i have just got secondhand Bose 901's S3 and want to connect to a Marantz SR 7200, the diagram from Bose says to connect the equaliser to the tape in / tape out jacks, but how does this affect the sound from other inputs ? ie if I plug in an I-pod to the aux input ?
thanks
Paul

Solution
You cannot connect the Bose Eq to the SR7200 because it does not have a tape monitor or processor loop. If it did the EQ would operate on all the speakers not just the Bose connected to the front channels. The only way to do this is to use an external power amp for the Bose and connect the EQ in between it and the front pre outs of the receiver.
If you use the receiver in stereo only I think there are tone controls that will allow you to boost the bass and treble somewhat like the EQ would do but not exactly the same.
You cannot connect the Bose Eq to the SR7200 because it does not have a tape monitor or processor loop. If it did the EQ would operate on all the speakers not just the Bose connected to the front channels. The only way to do this is to use an external power amp for the Bose and connect the EQ in between it and the front pre outs of the receiver.
If you use the receiver in stereo only I think there are tone controls that will allow you to boost the bass and treble somewhat like the EQ would do but not exactly the same.

Solution