Boot up - HP Pavillion ze 4400

G

Hello,
Starts to boot up, stops, starts again. On the 5th try, it stays on, but no display, no hard drive activity. Any ideas?

G

There was never anything on the screen, screen is black, no beep, etc. Tried starting in safe mode (F8) - nothing.

holl0w

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
It could be your screen or mother board that is spoilt, maybe you can try connecting the laptop to a external screen and see if theres anything? Before it was unable to boot up did it drop or anything?

G

No, it was not dropped. When trying to boot up, there is no beep or clicking, and the hard drive indicator light is not on. I am assuming that the problem is either hard drive or motherboard, but I don't want to just start changing things.

holl0w

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
Hi Howard,

If your screen is totally blank with no error indication(you didn't even see any words on the screen), as I said earlier it could be a problem either with the screen or the motherboard. I don't think that a problem with a hard drive will cause the screen to be totally blank ( Since there will still be the Bios). You may want to give their technical support a call or pay them a visit.

Cheers,
Holl0w