Odd squealing noise coming from headset

Natszygryk

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Hi, I'm having a strange problem where there's a constant squealing noise coming from my headset. This only happens when I'm running certain games (out of the ones I've tried, only Osu! and FTL seem to be causing the problem). Interestingly, the squealing is coming out of my headset even if the actual sound from these games is coming through my speakers or if my system sound is muted. Additionally, if I happen to be hosting a Skype call while playing these games, the noise is audible to everyone in the call.

The headset in question is a Roccat Kave 5.1. It's connected to a Xonar DG sound card, but the problem is the same when I use my motherboard's on-board sound. My operating system is Windows 7 64-bit.

Any ideas on where the problem's coming from?

Natszygryk

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
I don't think it's feedback, as the problem seems to happen even if i unplug the headset's mic jack while playing the games (not to mention that the games don't use the mic at all).

I've actually also noticed a small amount of white noise coming from the headset even when these games aren't running (though it's not nearly as bad as the squealing) that could be related. I've also found that this noise can be turned down/off with the "center" volume control on my headset, so it would seem that it's coming through that channel.