180-120$ to spend on the best headset... what to get?

ttg_Avenged

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
I use PC a lot, and I would like to look into getting a nice PC headset. It must be 7.1, or 5.1 but it means so much if I could find 7.1. A must must is Dolby Digital, not the pro logic II fake surround emulated crap. I tested it, horrible.

They don't need to be wireless, but I would love a wireless set.

They must of course have a mic boom.

what I have looked at:
G930, looks very comfortable, and is wireless, 7.1, and it claims to have dolby surround. I need to know if the dolby digital part is true. I cant stand stereo (pl II) being "faked" into surround.

Razer Timiat. The controls looked very nice, but not wireless which is a huge let down, as the headset is 200$. Seriously, is the G930 is 7.1 dolby, it is mine tomorrow :p

Anything else I should look at?

The ones you mentioned are all simulated surround sound meaning they don't use discrete drivers. For headphones the difference between 5.1 and 7.1 is pretty much nil.

Check out this link. I have an older generation Turtle Beach headset(Earforce HPA 2) which is great and close to what the TB Z6A is.ttp://www.turtlebeach.com/products/pc-gaming-headsets.aspx

But look around the site and see if anything else looks interesting. Also, Turtle Beach has been around for many years and has lots of experience when it come to audio.

Happy Gaming, the Prisoner.