Asus G73JH for college

apav

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
Hi guys!
So I'm purchasing that laptop, but I am going to use it in college. I want it to run a wide variety of applications and multimedia, and play games while I'm away or on vacation. The reason I want this laptop for college is because I feel that (laptop)gaming powerhouses can outperform any other kind of laptop, I want the best performance and functionality, and I want to occasionally play games. So these kind of laptops fit my preferences. Am I wrong is this a bad choice and do you guys have any recommendations for me? Thank you so much!!

Solution
Hello and welcome to the forums :)
G73 is a great choice,however if you want a 15" laptop with the same power,check the Sager NP8690(it has less battery life though)

apav

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
Thank you :)

Is there something just as good as these laptops but not termed a "gaming" laptop? Like a regular laptop in the mid $1000's range that has awesome specs but is not considered a "gaming" laptop?

apav

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
I was originally going to get the $1400 model from best buy(another 500g hd and 2g more ram) but the screens are different, and less quality on their models. For instance the resolution for the models at Best Buy are 1600x900, while where I'm ordering it on xoticpc.com, it is 1920x1080. Also they lie about the video memory. I've had run ins with them before so I don't trust them.
So I'll purchase it on xoticpc.com with an extended warranty. thanks so much!