901 Series IV equalizer

poorbast

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012
Hi Guys,

Just picked up a pair of series IV 901s on craigslist today to do the foam replacement on. I need a series IV compatible equalizer for them, does anyone have one for sale? I've heard series III-V will work however I'm not certain how valid that is. Really looking forward to reviving these guys and getting them setup.

Thanks,
Ray

Hope you realize you will need a receiver or integrated amp with tape monitor or preamp-amp connection to use the EQ. This is very rare on surround sound equipment and not available on many stereo units. Good luck finding the Bose EQ as the speakers really need it.
Your other alternative is to use an regular EQ.

poorbast

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012
Thanks americanaudio, yes I do realize that. The other part of the equation is sourcing ( or potentially building ) a separate amp to drive them. I ended up ordering a series V eq off eBay for the mean time until I come across a series III or IV. It will live between a 2 channel DAC coming out of my PC and my receiver(rx-v365 until I can scrounge the additional hardware. Curious to see how fairly the Yamaha can drive them.

TRENDING THREADS